My heart is full.
I’m so incredibly thankful. Just to be in the top 20 and NOW moving into the top 12… wow. It’s been a roller coaster ride full of emotions.
First let me start with Tuesday night. I put so much into that performance. “At This Moment” was an incredible song choice from Adam that allowed me to show off my range and emotion, and I couldn’t be happier with it. It’s been a tough road to this point in some ways. With all of the positive comes some negative, and I read some really hurtful stuff. My choices were to either let it get to me and be my demise, or focus on proving all of haters wrong and give the performance of my life.
So that’s what I tried to do. I stood on stage and thought of all of the people doubting me. I thought of some of the comments I read and put all of that emotion into my song. I was so proud of what I put on stage. And to see America respond the way they did was so incredible!
I had a feeling that I would be in the bottom 3. Both Deanna and Joshua are absolutely incredible singers and sold extremely well on iTunes. But whatever happened, I was proud of what I put on that stage the night before.
Both Nathan & Tonya deserved to stay just as much as I did. Not only are they incredible singers and performers, but they are incredible people. It was an honor to share the stage with them.
When Adam called my name, my heart was beating so fast! Adam put his faith in me and I don’t take that lightly. It’s been a crazy whirlwind so far, and it’s only going to get busier… but I’m ready. Top 12, here we come!
Love you guys.
Twitter instant save:
During the results show live on Tuesday, the top nine contestants by votes automatically advance. This puts the bottom three all at risk of going home! Only one of the three has the opportunity to be saved and advance to the next round, which is why it is so vital for you to watch live and stay on your toes. If I wind up in the bottom three, I’ll get one last song to perform for you. They’ll open up voting for five minutes near the end of the episode, and you can tweet #VoiceSaveBrian to save me! The twitter save is only open for those brief few minutes, and they only count one #VoiceSaveBrian per user, so don’t be early or late. Carson Daly explains the process in more detail in this video.
Here’s a reminder on how to vote! Voting opens at 10pm EST, so any votes/purchases before that time do not count.
- Download the single on iTunes. The song will be available for purchase immediately after I’ve performed it live. Each purchase counts as a vote, plus you get to have my voice in your iTunes forever. If we can get my single into the top ten on iTunes, it will automatically multiply all the votes by ten! This gives me a really great chance at making it through to the next episode. This is the single most important vote, and only the single of the same song I performed live will count towards votes! (But if you want to buy the older singles, too, I won’t stop you.)
- Download The Voice Official App. You can vote for each contestant up to ten times per email address in the app.
- Go to NBC.com and vote there. You can vote another ten times per email address online!
- Call in! During my performance, they will display a number onscreen. You can call this number up to ten times per phone, with each call counting as another vote. Every vote counts, and it would mean the world if you could call in for all ten votes! (Or even more if you have a burner phone, Heisenberg. 😉
- Text in! They will also display a number you can text during my performance. Each phone can text this number ten times for another ten votes! The catch for texting is that you have to use Sprint. :/
Photographs courtesy of NBC/The Voice: by Tyler Golden, Ben Cohen, Trae Patton, & Paul Drinkwater